.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Peoples Setting

As a childminder I have a duty to be registered and inspected with Ofsted. This ensures that I am working to the high quality and standard as required by Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is my duty is to ensure that I provide consistently high levels of childcare, within a safe, positive, warm and happy environment where children always feel welcome. I have a duty to plan supervised activities for the children, to enable them to learn and develop at their own pace within the EYFS as appropriate for their individual age groups.I am also responsible for completion of all relevant paperwork adhering to guidelines to maintain constant structure of my childminding practice and implementing any additional requirements as they occur. It is paramount to my childminding practice to continue to perform all of these duties to give parents peace of mind that their child/children are receiving the correct level of care and support to flourish in their own individual learning.To pro mote and maintain high levels of professionalism whilst carrying out my work. To ensure I provide a safe environment for the children at all times.To carry out risk assessments on areas used for childminding within my home and garden area, and also of any places regularly visited and review these on a regular basis. To implement and update policies and procedures keeping in line with Ofsted’s guidance. Prepare and provide healthy balanced meals for children whilst being aware of any child’s individual dietary requirements. To maintain discipline of all children within my care encouraging positive behaviour at all times. To build and maintain good relationships with any people involved with the children’s lives, parents/teachers/social workers etc.I must be aware of any signs and symptoms of potential abuse and the current legislative procedures for reporting it. I need to be taking children in my care to childminding groups and playgroups to allow them interacti on with other children. I must make, maintain and implement plans covering long-term, medium-term and short-term to offer varied activities to stimulate children’s learning in different areas. I am required to make observations of children in my care to allow a picture to build on their learning abilities to assist in my planning of activities and to highlight any areas of difficulty children maybe experiencing to allow help to be sort as required. Mainly responsible for giving children within my care the best possible environment for them to thrive and feel safe whilst away from their carers/parents.1.2 Complete the table below describing how the relevant standards apply to your role Relevant Standards Expectations of your own work role EYFSNational Minimum Standards for Regulated Childcare (Wales)National Occupational StandardsJob DescriptionCommon CoreCode of Conduct

No comments:

Post a Comment